Thursday, January 22, 2015

Tanny

Tanny
By Anika


“Good night Samar.”
“Mmm.”
I look over at the closed door and smile. Time for some well deserved sleep before a fun new day in Bangalore, India with my cousins.
That day we had come back from a small trip to a different place in Bangalore with all of my family and right after, we had gone to the pet place to pick up their dog Tanny. Tanny is a Miniature Pinscher and had jumped up on to all of us when we got there. The adorable tan dog had missed us just as much as we had missed her.
As I drift off I wonder what time I will wake up. Little did I know, I would be woken up early by an unexpected thing.  Then, before I know it, I am asleep on the mattress on the floor with a comforter on me.


I awoke to a soft but sandpapery tongue on my cheek. Then tiny paws walking over my body.
“Wow Tanny!” I cried. She ran up and down my and my brother’s body.  
Thats when I thought, wait, I closed the door last night. How did she get in here?


When I asked my aunt she told me that Tanny can jump up and push the door knob and open doors.

Wow, I thought, how talented is my cousins dog?


Picture credit: http://dogtime.com/dog-breeds/miniature-pinscher
Miniature Pinscher Breed Photo

2 comments:

  1. I loved your story! Its so cool that you went to India and that dog sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!