Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thanksgiving Dinner

Thanksgiving Dinner
By Anika Rao
It was Thanksgiving day and all my extended family were coming to dinner. Mom and I had spent majority of the day cooking for my cousins. Mom had done most of the cooking and I had washed all of the dishes. We had made Sweet potatoes, Mashed potatoes, Turkey, Gravy, and Green bean casserole. Once we had finished cooking both of us were exhausted but excited because our relatives were coming over.


“Oh my gosh! They’re here!” I screamed.
Excitement seeped through my body making me anticipate each second until they walked through the door.

My cousins were very tired but in about twenty minutes everyone was laughing and enjoying the company.

"I got PERSIMMONS Daddy!" Cried my cousin.
She thought the sweet potatoes we persimmons.

We had a great time with everyone that evening. It was the best Thanksgiving I have ever had.

http://www.igourmet.com/turkey.asp

10 comments:

  1. Fun memory, Anika. Did the relatives come from far away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came from California but we hadn't seen them for a while.

      Delete
    2. I added some parts I had forgotten so if you would like you can look over it again.

      Delete
  2. Hi Anika!
    I have always really liked Thanksgiving, to!! I like that you told us all of the foods that you made to be more descriptive!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! How old was your cousin who thought the sweet potatoes were persimmons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one of the best American Thanksgiving dinners I have had! and I know who that cousin is ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!