Friday, February 27, 2015

Leap of faith SOLMC#1

Leap of faith


There I was standing at the edge of a cliff wondering what in the world I was doing there.

I had been talked into taking the leap of faith off a cliff and into the blue waters of Mexico by my dad and brother.
So again, I was standing over the beautiful water that I was supposed to jump into but I couldn’t seem to bring myself to do it. Samar and dad smiled and told me from to jump from the blue that seemed miles away from me. I shuddered and looked at my mom and got a nod of consolation.
Okay.
1…
2…
3…
I jumped.
I felt the air whoosh up around me and my stomach got that feeling like it was rising up into my chest. I plugged my nose and sealed my eyes closed waiting for my body to be engulfed in water. But it was taking forever so my hand fell away from my nose but my eyes remained shut. the second my hand drifted I felt a cool wet substance cover me and go up my nose. My head emerged from the water and I saw Samar and dad floating in the water with me. I look up at the cliff and say, “I am never doing that again.”



Photo Credit: http://www.bestwallpapersfan.com/latest/mediterranean-coast-hd-wallpapers

12 comments:

  1. You completely made it sound like I was there. Awesome Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so scary! I totally knew how you felt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds really scary. you described it so that I could see what was going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, love that you did it, but also laughed at the ending. Great capture of this moment, Anika!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! I wonder if you will ever do it again?! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I would do it again. It was pretty fun.

      Delete
  6. Nice Job! That Sounds Equally fun and Terrifying. I like your picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you captured the feeling of free falling. Nice job, Anika. Too bad it wasn't the experience you had hoped for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked how you captured the moment. Whenever I am in the air everything seems like slo motion

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked how you captured the moment. Whenever I am in the air everything seems like slo motion

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW that sounds scary but also super fun!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!