Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Coconuts on the road! SOLMC#12


Coconuts on the road

“Does anyone want coconut water?” Asked my aunt.
“I do!”
“I do!”
“I do!”
The whole family answered with “I do!!”
“Samar, what about you?” Anju mausi asked. (Mausi is what we call our aunts.)
“No, I don’t like them, sorry” He answered

“Okay, everyone out!” Called my grandmother.

My family and my mom’s family were all on a road trip together through Bangalore (A place in India.)

We filed out of the mini bus and onto the side of the road where a man stood in front of his bicycle weighed down by coconuts. We asked for some coconuts and he pulled out his sickle and chopped the tops off of them, put a straw in the middle and handed them to us. We stood around because once we were done with the water, the guy would split the coconut in two, make a spoon out of the skin of the coconut. Once all of this was done, we scooped out the insides of the coconut and ate it.

“Okay, everyone back on the bus!” Announced Anju mausi.

As we drove away, I watched the man become smaller and smaller.

A couple hours later…

“Who wants coconuts?!”
“I do!”
“I do!”
“I do!”

Photo Credit: http://www.morguefile.com/archive#/?q=coconuts&sort=pop&photo_lib=morgueFile

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good, and you've made it amusing, too, Anika. More, more! I've never had the pleasure of a coconut by the side of the road, lucky you, but have had one just at home. Love hearing this story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice slice Anika! I now am afraid of coconuts because the last time I opened one, it was filled with squirming maggots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story, Anika! Did your brother ever try one after seeing everyone loving them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool, I love coconuts. I like the coconut water, coconut cookies, nearly anything coconuts! I like your slice and how you explained it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dialogue. Unfortunately, I relate to Samar, I don't like coconut. But nice slice!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!