Friday, March 20, 2015

Frying!! SOLMC#20



Frying!!


I watched as mom slid the batter into the oil. Bubbles formed and encased the little clump of batter.


“See how it rose to the top immediately?” She said “Thats how you know when the oil is hot enough.”
This time she slid a bigger amount of batter in. I watched as once again, the bubbles covered the batter and soon I lost sight of the batter. But just as it left sight, mom put another one in. As this one fell out of my vision the first one popped up. This cycle continued until about eight balls of dough were frying in a pool of oil, each with their own floatie of bubbles.


Once they were a brown-red, we lifted them out and put them into a bowl and then back to the beginning.


What we were frying is an indian snack-dish called Pakoras, I may not have spelled that right. They are little balls of batter made up of lentils. We put onion and ginger in as well but you can make them plain or with anything you want. You usually eat them with a green chutney. :)

Photo credit: http://www.kuartadimension.com/receta-de-pakoras-hindues/

2 comments:

Hope you liked my blog!