Monday, March 2, 2015

Stargazer Lilies SOLMC#3


Stargazer Lilies

“What do I paint for mom?” I asked myself.
“Oh!”
I opened my mouth and the word came out, Stargazer Lilies.
I ran up the stairs, grabbed a canvas and my paints. I sat down, took the iPad and started to skim the internet for a good picture of a Stargazer Lily, My mom’s favorite flower. Finally I found it, the perfect picture.

My pencil skimmed over the white surface creating an outline of the lily.
The colors I had mixed just a minute before came flooding out onto the canvas.

The Stargazer Lily I wanted to paint was looking awesome.
I finished around 11:00pm. I showed Dad my painting and he loved it. The tissue paper seemed to fly along the canvas and wrap itself. I was so excited, I could picture her excitement when she opened the gift.  My excitement kept me up until 12:00 that night.

I woke up and wondered if Mom had gone downstairs and seen her gifts. I ran downstairs and found my dad cleaning up so Mom would wake up to a clean house. I said good morning and told him we should make tea for her and give it to her in bed.
We made the tea and gave it to her. I pulled her downstairs and presented her with the tissue paper wrapped canvas.

“Happy Mother’s Day Mom!”    
                
This is a picture of the Stargazer Lily I painted for my mom.

6 comments:

  1. Thats a really good drawing! Great SOL! love your dialouge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you included dialogue in your slice. Your painting is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your Slice Of Life and that painting looks awesome! I hope she liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Awesome painting and slice.

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!