Friday, March 27, 2015

"I can still see." SOLMC#28



“I can still see, just my depth perception is off.”


I looked at my glasses, they were snapped in two and ere blurry, well, of course they were, I couldn’t wear them. It started when I was singing in the car next to my brother.


“Could you stop?” He asked.


I hummed to myself and in a quiet voice. He grabbed my glasses. I pushed my arm to try and stop him, but he still got them. I looked in his hand and saw half of my glasses, I peered down at the floor of the car and saw the other half.


“YOU BROKE MY GLASSES!!!!!!!!!??????” I screamed.


“I didn’t mean to, they just snapped.” He said looking at the pieces in my hand.


“BUT YOU STILL BROKE THEM!” I yelled, anger flowed through my body and somehow salty drops of water fell from my eyes. Wait, I know how, those were my favorite glasses and he had BROKE them!


Anger and hatred filled my eyes as I glared at him.


We were on our way to our workout so we couldn’t go back home. Luckily, when we got there, they had athletes tape, so my mom stuck them together. While it wasn’t the most comfortable, it would have to do.


This is me with my makeshift glasses.


I sadly had to go to school like this, and I must say, I got many weird looks. But the most popular question was,


“Can you see?”


My answer was,


“Yeah, I can see, but my depth perception is off.”


After stating this, the person would usually put their hand in my face to test me. I would push the hand away and reply,


“No, not like that, it’s like… the ground seems really far away. And it only happens sometimes.”


The person would wish me luck and carry on doing what they were doing.


I came home that Thursday waiting to go to the glasses place. We departed from home and found that another location had the same frame and they would just have to put in the lenses from the broken ones.


Dad set out on his valiant quest to fix my glasses while I went out on my valiant quest to make it through vocal lessons. So while in vocal lessons I had no glasses, so my vision was extremely blurred.


Finally, I made it through vocal lesson and I walked into the lobby of The School of Rock. Dad walked through the door holding my new-ish glasses.


“Yay! Finally, give me give me! Yes omg finally!!” I was super happy and as I put on the glasses, the world came back to how it was before all this happened, clear, colorful, and happy.

This is me being goofy with my new-ish glasses. :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad it went relatively smoothly & the glasses were only "away" for a day! Happy Travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I'm so glad your glasses were fixed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the funniest, goofiest niece I have !! :)

    Love,
    cmausi

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!