Sunday, March 22, 2015

Up, Up and Down SOLMC#22

  


Up, Up and Down

I put my foot into the slot so I could pull myself up. The rope was attached to me and I felt it tugging on my waist. Telling me to go higher. To keep climbing until I reached the instructors. My hands and feet kept grasping and settling into the naturally formed climbing wall. I stopped, looking around me for a place to put my foot. I heard the encouraging shouts from my new friend and my family. Finally I found a place and kept climbing until I reached the instructors. They attached me to a cable and told me to jump. I looked at the ground beneath me, it was about 50 feet down. I got a funny feeling telling me to stay and not to let my feet  leave the platform.

“Do you need a push?” asked one of them.

I shook my head and jumped. I flew down a little then from side to side as I continued my descent from the tree.

I was in Costa Rica and we climbed a Matapalo tree, the strangler fig. This tree grows around another tree and strangles it. Over a long period of time, the other tree disintegrates, leaving the shell of the strangler fig. We climbed inside of it, to the hollow part and it has holes wich we used as a climbing wall.

This is me climbing.

This is me “falling”

4 comments:

Hope you liked my blog!