Friday, March 6, 2015

Pani Puri SOLMC#7

Pani Puri


Pani Puri is my favorite Indian snack. They are semi hard fried bread that are hollow inside.
They come with many ingredients that you add into them like, sweet chutney, spicy chickpeas, spicy potato, yogurt, and the most important, spicy water. Pani means water and this has spicy water in it. Puri means the puffed fried bread shown above.  
This also happens to be my cousin Shaunak’s favorite snack as well. Together we are able to finish a whole box of Pani Puri. There have been many days where we have sat down and started to eat Pani Puri.


Over winter break, we went to India and visited Shaunak and his little sister Suhani. Shaunak is about two years younger than me. While we were there, we took a road trip to a neighboring place. We stayed at a hotel and at their restaurant one day they had Pani Puri. Shaunak happened to see them first and he ordered two plates for us. I saw a little later and asked him if he had ordered and if not I would order two.


“No I orderd.” He said.
“Ughh! and you didn’t order one for me?” I asked dramatically.
“Why do you think I ordered two plates.” He asked.
“Have I ever told you how much I love you?” I asked.


We have the best time as long as it consists of us and Pani Puri. Lol. We have a great time anyway.


Photo Credit: https://dianasmusings.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/paani-puri/

6 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious, and it's cool that you get to eat them with your cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pani Puri sounds like a great snack. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum! I love ho you describe why you love them (and your cousin :P) nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL i love this slice! especially the second to last line

    ReplyDelete

Hope you liked my blog!